<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Comic genius Frank Miller on #Occupy 


I am sure, at some point in the last 12,000 posts, that I have mentioned that I read comic books. Or at least used to -- as longstanding readers know, I have a lot less time for frivolities than I once did.

Anyway, Frank Miller is, for my money, one of greatest comic book storytellers of all time. Possibly the greatest. For those of you who do not partake, he is the creative mind behind the movie 300.

And, well, he does not much like the #Occupy "movement."


5 Comments:

By Blogger Assistant Village Idiot, at Sun Nov 13, 09:31:00 PM:

I also don't like the #Occupy movement, but I wasn't impressed with his essay.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Nov 13, 10:43:00 PM:

What was this? A rant that the occupy movement sucks. No explanation why-- just a " dont you know we are at war" statement. Does that excuse rampant financial excess and misrepresentation? I don't see the connection at all  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Nov 13, 10:46:00 PM:

Not a great essay. I just did not know that Frank Miller had such views. The link was more for comic book fans than for serious critics of the #Occupy thingy. Sorry if I suggested otherwise.  

By Blogger Dawnfire82, at Tue Nov 15, 11:24:00 AM:

It's always exciting to find a standard bearer of popular culture who isn't a drooling leftist zombie.  

By Blogger John Farrier, at Tue Nov 15, 09:25:00 PM:

I read a lot of entertainment blogs and have noticed that Miller's post has enraged many of the writers for them.

What's fascinating about these responses is that they seem utterly shocked to encounter someone in the entertainment business that strongly disagrees with them on a political subject.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?