<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 03, 2011

A bit of Chicago 


I passed through Chicago, just about my favorite city, Monday night to Wednesday afternoon, and took a couple of pictures. I love Chicago's big buildings.


Big John, from the lobby bar of the Ritz-Carlton, late Tuesday afternoon.


Big John


Sears -- forever and always -- Tuesday morning. I worked in that building for eight years, and am stuck in my ways.


Sears


Tuesday, a few of you know, was my dear departed father's birthday, and the occasion for my annual cigar. That is getting harder to do -- his brand, Garcia Y Vega, seems to have departed from this happy vale -- but I found some Phillies Blunts in the Walgreens on Michigan Avenue. I asked the bartender in the hotel where one might smoke the cigar. "Indiana." Apparently Illinois went all fascist a couple of years back and banned cigar bars. So I munched it walking down Michigan Avenue on an unnaturally warm autumn evening.


Victory Cigar


3 Comments:

By Blogger AmPowerBlog, at Thu Nov 03, 01:12:00 PM:

Thanks for the pics. Always enjoy them!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Nov 03, 08:16:00 PM:

Garcia Y Vega are apparently still around, I found some with a quick online search. My Pop was partial to them as well, and I miss him dearly every day.  

By Blogger Philip Sells, at Fri Nov 04, 09:40:00 AM:

That's right! Sears Tower forever!  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?