<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Climbing Ampersand 


Yesterday afternoon I climbed Ampersand, a small but challenging peak between Tupper Lake and Saranac Lake, and took some pictures along the way with my little Canon Digital Elph...


IMG_0298


IMG_0300


IMG_0301


IMG_0306


Moss


Rock

Me, with Ampersand Pond in the background. The guide books always say it is "privately held," but between us girls the owners are the Rockefeller family (unless it has changed hands recently -- my data is a bit old).


Ampersand

Saranac Lake...


Saranac Lake


Going on a long bike ride this morning, than driving down this afternoon. Which, I'm sure, will come as a relief to you all.


4 Comments:

By Anonymous Boludo Tejano, at Sun Jul 11, 09:26:00 AM:

"Privately held" land owned by oligarchs in the Adirondacks: brings back childhood memories. Friends had a cabin in the Adirondacks. On a five day canoe trip in the Adirondacks my friend and I filched No Trespassing signs from Whitney Park- as in the Whitney Museum Whitneys.  

By Anonymous Sissy Willis, at Mon Jul 12, 07:45:00 AM:

You're a regular Thomas Cole with a camera. Your pics are sublime! ;D

http://bit.ly/DztRl  

By Anonymous feeblemind, at Mon Jul 12, 08:22:00 AM:

If I ran around in shorts like that my legs would be covered with scratches and insect bites.

You are obviously a tougher man than I am TH.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jul 12, 12:43:00 PM:

These picture remind me of hikes long ago in the High Peaks such as Algonquin, Gothics-Upper/Lower Wolfjaw, Avalanche Pass/Colden, Giant, and of course, Marcy.

I can practically smell the subtle aromas of mossy streams, pine needles and decaying organic matter of the Northeast woods. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of the beautiful Adirondacks.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?