<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Back to the yard signs! 


Longstanding readers know that in 2008 I waged a long twilight war defending my McCain signs against liberal vandals. Well, I'm back. Behold, perhaps the first GOP yard sign on Princeton Borough's Vandeventer Avenue in, well, living memory:


GOP yard sign


That's a sign for Scott Sipprelle, a very promising local Republican who stands a solid chance of beating our incumbent, Rush "I vote with Nancy more than 99% of the time" Holt. Assuming he gets past today's primary. I woke up this morning in Hartford and realized that my house is a block from the precinct polling place, so I sent Scott a message on Facebook offering up my front yard. Team Sipprelle stepped up, so we've been getting the name out on my very busy street since mid-morning.

I got home from my New England road trip in time to vote around 6:45 this evening. For those of you keeping track at home, my polling place is in the Methodist Church at Vandeventer and Nassau, across from the Garden Theater. Naturally, I asked the precinct officers how many people had voted from each party. Fully 87 Democrats had voted, even though there were no meaningful primary contests. I was only the 9th Republican, notwithstanding a "tea party" challenge to Sipprelle's "establishment" candidacy. Yes, Republicans are outnumbered 10-1 here in Princeton Borough, or at least in my precinct.

If Scott wins, I'm keeping that sign up all summer.


4 Comments:

By Blogger Political, at Tue Jun 08, 08:13:00 PM:

Stay tuned for June 8, 2010 “Mini” Super Tuesday Election Results: http://mittromneycentral.com/2010/06/08/june-8-2010-%E2%80%9Cmini%E2%80%9D-super-tuesday-election-results-let%E2%80%99s-chat/ A lot is going to be happening all night and we all need to help each other make sure we don’t miss anything.

Also, who is everyone rooting for in the big races? Is there a race that we aren’t focusing on that we should be?  

By Blogger Assistant Village Idiot, at Tue Jun 08, 10:56:00 PM:

"Some people want to live

Within the sound of chapel bells

But I want to run a mission

A yard from the gates of Hell..."
Steve Camp Run To The Battle  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jun 09, 08:38:00 AM:

What happened to the McMansion you were building a few months (years?) back?  

By Blogger Dan Kauffman, at Wed Jun 09, 10:53:00 AM:

I know what you mean about McCain signs
Might got mangled and I put it back up

It got mangled again and I put it back AND replaced two windows in my car

It got mangled again and I put it back and asked my landlord to put back up my porch light that was hanging from my porch wall

right now my front yard has a Brandstad sign and the sign for the Miller-Meeks the GOP challenger to Loebsack in Iowa's Second District

Oh and my Landlord next door has both signs up too. ;-)  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?