<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My whereabouts 


Lest you wonder whether I have dropped off the face of the Gaia, your blogger is in the middle of a 36 hour turnaround trip to Sao Paulo, coach all the way (on the small chance you think I am in some way living large). The schedule is necessarily crowded, and the internet access in my hotel has been very sketchy, so my one attempt to blog earlier was for naught. You are getting this post now only because I popped awake on account of the inadequate air conditioning and some sort of gastrointestinal issue.

In other words, you are doing better than I am. Probably a lot better.


3 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jan 27, 12:01:00 AM:

Coach! Paalease! I remember first class on Varig, MIA to RIO as a WONDERFUL flight. It left MIA 9:00-11:00PM-ish and got to RIO in the early morning. Wine, wine stewards, food and service were really, REALLY great.
What was your Sao Paulo hotel hotel?
I'm sure you were told that if you wanted a good meal, you'd have to visit the Cariocas (sp?).  

By Blogger JPMcT, at Wed Jan 27, 01:03:00 AM:

Always pack Cipro when going south of the US.  

By Blogger Mr. Bingley, at Wed Jan 27, 09:01:00 AM:

I'm going to Sao Paulo myself on Friday.

The flight in coach isn't that bad: overnight, very little time change. Just drink enough and you're fine.

The food in Sao Paulo is great, there's no need to go to Rio.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?