<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ooh Rah! 



The Marine team (Project Valour IT) has pulled into an early lead but we can't afford to rest on our laurels! The Army, Navy, and Air Force dwarf us in size. This means we need to work 10 times as hard just to keep up.

Please dig deep into your hearts and wallets. Every cent donated goes directly to wounded vets. Over at VC we've got Marine trivia quizzes, an interview with today's Marine of the Day, and inspirational and funny videos galore. There's even a sci-fi quiz to restore your self respect if you bomb on 'Corps Lore.

And don't forget - we can always use more blogs on our team! In fact, you can join throughout the competition. To get you all motivated, we thought you might like to hear from one of our junior Marines:



Go Marine team!

Update: Welcome new team members:

J's Cafe Nette
New Business Hawk
The Backpost
D S H (dot) N E T
Melissa Clouthier
Hugh Hewitt
Ruby Slippers

As you can see from the combined team widget, Army just received a giant donation that put them solidly in the lead. This will not stand.

For the rest of the day I will match Marine team donations up to a total of $500.00. This is the best investment you will ever make - you're investing in the recovery of men and women who have literally laid their lives on the line for this country. They've paid a steep price for their courage and valor, and they deserve a fighting chance at the good life they've ensured for each of us. Look at what your donation can mean to a wounded soldier, sailor, Marine or airman:

Thank you so much for delivering the computer, quilt and goodies. It is comforting to know there are people who care so much. After a year of surgeries, treatment and therapy, it can be discouraging. Although I am a trained attorney, due to TBI, it is unclear what my future will be.The computer will help with my therapy and my transition back to civilian work.

I don't know where to start. I was thrilled and truly appreciative of the laptop donation that Soldiers Angels sent. My neurology team is ecstatic with the progress that I have made, yet we all temper our excitement as I still have a long recovery ahead. Due to the great hearts (sponsors, donors, volunteers and others too numerous to mention) within Soldiers Angels I have become more mobile in my rehabilitation and the laptop is absolutely one of the tools that I have in my recovery toolbox. I use it to keep current on my schedule and have several applications that assist with recovery.


It's not often we have the chance to have a direct effect on someone else's life and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than our wounded veterans. Please open up those wallets - and ask your friends to donate as well. If you work for a corporation that matches charitable donations, ask them to match your gift.

Just think - with me and your corporation matching funds, you could triple your gift. Do it now!

Update: I just matched a very generous gift of $250.00. But I have $250.00 left!

Any takerss? Someone? Anyone??? Bueller? :) email me a *sanitized* receipt from Soldiers Angels (I don't need to see your cc or checking account number) and I'll match your donation!

cassandra.vc at gmail dot com

4 Comments:

By Blogger smitty1e, at Mon Oct 26, 01:07:00 PM:

OMG!
Cassandra's staged an amphibious assault on another blog!
Quick, Stacy: set general quarters on The Other McCain. ;)  

By Blogger Cassandra, at Mon Oct 26, 01:53:00 PM:

Oh... you guys have no idea ...

THE MARINES HAVE LANDED! :)

*evil laughter*  

By Anonymous Alifa, at Tue Oct 27, 07:31:00 AM:

Is there any reason the Coast Guard is left out?  

By Blogger smitty1e, at Tue Oct 27, 10:55:00 AM:

USCG did not have a rep to front them, and are invited into the Department of the Navy fold, along with our amphibious brethren.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?