<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 30, 2009

AIG jerseys 



SportsProf emails from Europe (last night, his time):
"In the English Premiership, the top soccer league in England, teams make the most money they can from sponsors by selling 'jersey' sponsorships, that is, the name of the sponsor goes on the front of the jersey (this holds true for soccer teams throughout Europe). Right now, I am watching a semifinal in the Champions League, which has the best teams in Europe vying against one another. The big game tonite is between Arsenal, a Premiership team from London ('Fly Emirates' is on their jersey), and the New York Yankees of soccer -- Manchester United. The name on Man U's jersey is AIG. Honest. (I suppose that USA was taken)."
Pictorial evidence:


1 Comments:

By Anonymous Philip Sells, at Thu Apr 30, 06:00:00 PM:

Just so that I can play the know-it-all, I'd just like to mention that this fine pic is from a game between Man U and Everton. The guy in black at right is, by the way, a fairly important American soccer player. :) (Yes, I like Timmy! although my favorite European team is actually Arsenal, so I'm a bit disappointed that they lost the other day.)  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?