<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 23, 2009

Unexpected consequences of the financial crisis 


Daniel Drezner identifies 13 "unexpected" consequences of the financial crisis. With all due respect, items 6, 7, and 10 are freakin' obvious, and most of the rest had crossed my mind (2, 3, 8, 9, 11, and 13). I admit, I missed the one about government "getting smarter," but maybe he meant "getting more credentialed." That is manifestly true, except at the very top. Finally, I would add a 14th "unexpected" consequence: An increase in the relative power of the United States.


1 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Feb 23, 11:00:00 PM:

Hey, he's right: the people who've been running the banks up to now are now available to run the government. Pinch me.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?