<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A note on last-minute charitable giving 


I am not a very organized person, so when I finally got around to doing my 2007 taxes I was surprised to learn that I had given less to charity than, well, I was brought up to do. I'm a little more on top of things this year, and have given to most of my usual worthy and indulgent causes already, plus a couple of new ones. In a couple of cases I know that I want to give to a cause, but I do not know which charity is best. Rather than just giving to the charity with the best brand management, I use Charity Navigator, which rates charities according to a whole host of potentially relevant considerations. If you, too, are behind on your giving this year you should check it out and let us know what you think in the comments. And whatever your charity, dig deeply. The massive job losses among the affluent have put many very worthy charities in a world of hurt this year.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?