<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yard sign wars: The update 


There is some discussion on Instapundit of yard-sign prevalence and what it might mean for the election. Regular readers know that I have had my own struggles with people stealing or dismantling my McCain signs, although things seem to have calmed down recently. I attribute this to TigerHawk Teenager's suggestion that I replace every torn down McCain sign with two new ones. We are up to six now, and the local Obamaniacal vandals seem to have gotten the message.

That said, I am told there is only one other house in all of Princeton that has a McCain sign. That in a town where there is probably no residential block without an Obama sign, and some houses have three or four.

But there is something to this idea that things are much more balanced in more normal places. A radio car driver dropped me off at my house on Wednesday evening, saw my McCain signs, and said that he wished he had one. I said I had extras (about 20, I think), so I offered him one. He jumped at the chance, and then asked for another for his daughter. So there is a limo driver somewhere in central Jersey with a McCain sign. He must have a different impression of "greedy CEOs" than Barack Obama.


10 Comments:

By Blogger davod, at Sat Sep 27, 07:17:00 PM:

I worry that the violence of 2004 will be repeated only worse. Kerry wasn't telling his people to go out and get in the face of the opposition. Obama did.

The Obamites are already pushy and it won't take much for some to go over the edge.

Just think, if Obama gets elected we will have at least four years of a belligerent, obnoxious, administration and its supporters.  

By Blogger Rebecca, at Sat Sep 27, 11:00:00 PM:

USFINE.COM is well known for runescape gold

and runescape gold service.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Sep 28, 12:38:00 AM:

My family lives in a faculty housing project, basically. It can be dangerous to have a McCain yard sign there. People might start ignoring my parents at the faculty club, and the like.  

By Blogger Dan Kauffman, at Sun Sep 28, 05:45:00 AM:

I and a couple of friends have been watching signs on the way to work, For me McCain is running 2 to 1 ahead of Obama and no I am not counting my sign and my nextdoor neighbor's sign

This in Cedar Rapids Iowa and my route to work is through working and/or middle class, but not what I would call upper middle class neighborhoods  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Sep 28, 07:47:00 AM:

My McCain sign will go up later today, and I'm also putting on a bumper sticker. I live in Essex County, NJ, which is very "blue," although there are not many political signs up ... yet.

I just hope no one "keys" my car.  

By Blogger Andrew Hofer, at Sun Sep 28, 10:14:00 AM:

TH - I saw one on Snowden. And it wasn't Fausta's.  

By Blogger joated, at Sun Sep 28, 10:46:00 AM:

last week's drive through Ithaca, NY ("10 sq miles of beauty surrounded by reality") on US Route 13 produced a count of 12 McCain and only 2 (!) Obama signs.

Very amazing considereing the two colleges in the town. (Ithaca and Cornell)  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Sep 28, 11:05:00 AM:

The folks in New Jersey are simply appreciative for the mandate of the 2006 elections. The economy has really taken off since those elections. The Great society and affirmative action loans have been awesome. Affirmative action health care will be even better.

New Jersey is particullarly fortunate to have Dems in charge of the state government as are Michigan and Pennsylvania. Look for New Jersey to simply raise taxes to solve their budget problems. Without affirmative action libs, how could we survive? Have to suffer like the red states?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Sep 29, 01:33:00 AM:

Liberals only belive the constitution means them so they can run around naked and act stupid which they are otherwise it dont mean anything  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Oct 23, 04:55:00 PM:

I live on Long Island's north shore. Surprised to see only one McCain sign (no Obama). I put my McCain sign up to make it two. Since then my yard has been trashed with magazine pictures of nude men 'pointing north'.
So petty.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?