<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A glimpse inside the lefty sphere at party time 


Jane Hamsher, the founder of "netroots" blog Firedoglake, describes her exciting first day in Denver. The post is a festival of new media elbow-rubbing:

Our stay there was mercifully short and we picked up Anita Thompson (Hunter's widow) and pushed on to the Salon party, which was held in a lovely condo that Jeralyn said was the Compton of Denver. Glenn Greenwald and Joan Walsh were amongst the Salonistas who were staying there, and the place was full of familiar faces -- Atrios, Tom Tomorrow, Rachel Sklar, Jeff Toobin, Kay Steiger, Walter Shapiro, Tom Schaller, Eric Alterman, Jeffrey Toobin and a bunch of others.

Joe Klein was there and I thought about going up to him and telling him I liked many of his recent McCain critiques but then I realized I'd probably have to tell him we were having dinner together on Sept. 8th and it might ruin his night. John Amato, Ezra Klein and I recalled that we first met each other (and Arianna) at a party at SteveAudio's in the San Gabriel valley some time in 2005. Everyone was lukewarm on Biden, but agreed there was something to be said for a guy who united behind a rallying cry of "at least it's not..."

"Salonistas"? Something tells me we are not going to read posts like that from righty bloggers next weekend.

1 Comments:

By Blogger Anthony, at Sun Aug 24, 07:01:00 PM:

I can't resist:

"I call that a target-rich environment."  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?