<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Annals of barratry: The defective thong 


I guarantee that the lawyers who brought this case are exploding in ill-suppressed mirth as soon as Ms. Patterson leaves their offices.

As she was attempting to put on a Victoria's Secret thong, a Los Angeles woman claims that a decorative metallic piece flew off the garment and struck her in the eye, causing injuries and a new product liability lawsuit against the underwear giant. Macrida Patterson, 52, alleges that she was hurt last May by a defective "low-rise v-string" from the Victoria's Secret "Sexy Little Thing" line, according to a lawsuit filed last week in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Come to think of it, they might even be laughing right in front of her.

4 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jun 17, 06:07:00 PM:

I'm sorry - but 52 years old??? She probably had it on backwards.  

By Blogger Dawnfire82, at Tue Jun 17, 07:17:00 PM:

Completely off topic here, but I saw today that oil touched at $139.89 today.

Sweatin' yet Hawk? :)  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Tue Jun 17, 07:20:00 PM:

Well, I still have to settle on the debt I will pay the 'Villain if I lose. I think it will be a bottle of Maker's Mark.  

By Blogger Steve M. Galbraith, at Tue Jun 17, 10:12:00 PM:

I believe this is the dangerous item: Link.

I can see how one's eyes may be affected (depending on the wearer, of course).  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?