<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Victimology, Identity and Moral Hazard 


Calculated Risk responds to a PBS report splitting labels about someone who bought an investment property and is in financial jeopardy:
I have no idea why I wouldn't call Ms. Sanchez a real estate speculator, since as far as I can tell she was speculating in real estate.

I know why. Because she is about to be portrayed as a victim. Speculators just reap what they sow. Says Sanchez:
You cannot sit back and let things happen to people.
Surely that's not a universal rule.

1 Comments:

By Blogger Jim in Virginia, at Thu Jan 31, 10:22:00 PM:

She owns two houses but she's an "average person"?
That's like Bill Clinton's line in 1992 when asked about his taxes, "I did what every middle class American (who just happens to be a governor)does, I sent them to my accountant."  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?