<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lou Gehrig's disease, and Augie Nieto's cure 


Glenn Reynolds and Hugh Hewitt link to an inspiring video in support of Augie's Quest, the campaign to cure ALS. Hugh:

John Ondrasik, the man who is Five for Fighting, is constantly looking for ways to use his talent to help make the world a better place and does so without any tendentious or childish political narrative. At this link, John has cut a video to his song “100 Years” that movingly addresses the fight against ALS. If you follow the link, good will be done; Glenn Tullman/Allscripts and Bert and Cyndie Silva are each donating $1 for every time the video is played. The video, by the way, is outstanding and moving.

Once again, please click. If you do, $2 goes to the fight against ALS. And you’ll see a video that will really move you.

A good cause, and a great pop song to boot. Perhaps because I am myself 45 and, if I am lucky, half done, "100 years" moves me as few songs ever have. It is a wonderful contribution to this worthy cause.

1 Comments:

By Blogger Larry Sheldon, at Tue Sep 18, 07:26:00 PM:

Couldn't find the video (or if I did, I couldn't make it play.

(Havinf a problem with wone of Theo's too--I wonder if Cox or somebody is blocking some videos.)  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?