<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 26, 2007

Watching birds 


Regular commenter and TigerHawk cousin GreenmanTim made it to the front page of the Wall Street Journal today!

"For me, it's much more about the simple joys of discovery. I appreciate what technology can do, but I don't want the distraction, and I don't want a barrier," says Tim Abbott, a 38-year-old birder in North Canaan, Conn., who confines himself to binoculars. "I don't want to spend all my time wishing I could recharge my computer so I could get the bird atlas going."

If you don't know it already, be sure to check out GreenmanTim's excellent blog, Walking the Berkshires.

2 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Feb 26, 03:38:00 PM:

Yeah all sorts of birds you will see we have BALD EAGLES here in northern calfornia and when the spring comes we will have WESTERN KINGBIRDS,CLIFF,BARN and TREE SWALLOWS,and WESTERN MEADOWLARKS as well and WILD TURKEYS,CANADA GEESE,and KILLDEER  

By Blogger Assistant Village Idiot, at Tue Feb 27, 09:09:00 PM:

Bird of Paradise: yeah, you birdwatch where it's easy. You might as well go to the zoo. Up here, you have to work for it.

I've got one Cerulean Blue Warbler, Tim. The low-tech way.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?