<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 21, 2006

In Mexico 


I am in Guadalajara tonight and tomorrow, and then Mexico City through Wednesday. I'll be visiting local hospitals, meeting with surgeons, and learning about the Mexican healthcare system. Blogging will catch as catch can.

I have a room at the Hoteles Camino Real, where various luminaries stayed during one of the big confabs that Latin American leaders periodically attend. I had heard that Fidel Castro had stayed here, and that there was a plaque in the particular room. Naturally I asked for it. Like, what could be cooler blog fodder than sleeping in Fidel's, er, bed?

Unfortunately, they have removed the plaque and the woman behind the counter did not identify the room. Apparently, "Fidel Castro slept here" is no longer a big selling point, which I suppose is a good thing.


2 Comments:

By Blogger Dawnfire82, at Sun May 21, 07:50:00 PM:

You ought to ask for a recording of the national anthem in English...  

By Blogger Sissy Willis, at Mon May 22, 02:14:00 PM:

After you depart, they can put up a "TigerHawk slept here" plaque.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?