<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 30, 2006

You'll be relieved to know... 


...that I have decided against live-blogging my colonoscopy tomorrow morning and the preparation therefore. Blogging the former would be a bit dull, since I expect to be under the influence of memory drugs, and blogging the latter would not be helpful from a public health perspective. Why? Because it would discourage readers who have not already done so from taking an essential exam that absolutely can save their life.

If you are a veteran, then you know that I have had nothing but clear fluids all day, and that I will devote the evening to drinking a gallon of TriLyte. I chose lemon-lime when I mixed it this morning.

Wish me luck.


6 Comments:

By Blogger Counter Trey, at Sun Apr 30, 07:06:00 PM:

If it's being done by Dr. Rho, he's a die-hard Mets fan who grew up in Queens. Complimenting the Mets might get him to go easy on you.  

By Blogger allen, at Sun Apr 30, 10:12:00 PM:

Smile! Good luck.  

By Blogger Fausta, at Mon May 01, 08:38:00 AM:

My heartfelt thanks for not liveblogging.

Good luck.  

By Blogger Fabio, at Mon May 01, 02:09:00 PM:

There are money to be made by selling the video to the proper fetish websites, I suppose...  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon May 01, 04:40:00 PM:

I hope your procedure went well. I had one five years ago because of some symptoms. Fortunately, the test was negative (all clear).

I declined to watch the video monitor having already seen Katie Couric's.

A gallon? That seems like much more than I drank (and passed).  

By Blogger Assistant Village Idiot, at Mon May 01, 09:34:00 PM:

When the report came back from mine, it noted that I had a "superbly prepared colon." Nice to find something I'm good at.

Does scotch count as a clear fuluid, BTW?  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?