<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Earth to Sharon Stone 

Actress Sharon Stone graduates from the Alec Baldwin school of public policy with this startling piece of political analysis (via drudge):

"I think Hillary Clinton is fantastic. But I think it is too soon for her to run. This may sound odd, but a woman should be past her sexuality when she runs. Hillary still has sexual power, and I don't think people will accept that. It's too threatening."




Just for the sake of argument, let's adopt Sharon's basic premise. My cursory analysis indicates it is indeed safe for Hillary to run.

Extending the argument to its logical end, I can also conclude that Sharon Stone made a wise decision in deferring her candidacy back in 1992.


5 Comments:

By Blogger Counter Trey, at Tue Mar 28, 05:17:00 PM:

I don't think there ever was a time when Hillary couldn't have run for office under Stone's standards.  

By Blogger Dawnfire82, at Tue Mar 28, 07:28:00 PM:

Celebrities will never learn to shut their damned mouths and keep their politics to themselves, so I dream that one day the media will figure out that, 'hey, no one gives a shit about what Sharon Stone thinks politically except to make jokes!'  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Mar 28, 09:25:00 PM:

I 100% agree with those comments.  

By Blogger John B. Chilton, at Wed Mar 29, 04:45:00 AM:

Your post had me falling and rising as I scrolled down. About "that face", what was it that Jon Stewart said on The Daily Show?  

By Blogger Dawnfire82, at Wed Mar 29, 07:21:00 PM:

Where boners go to die?  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?