<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Majority Leader Frist and insider trading 

Tim Russert hammered Bill Frist this morning for his HCA stock sales. Suffice it to say that Russert does not understand the concept of management selling, and the distinction between the lawful selling of stock by insiders and unlawful "insider selling." My original take back in September stands: Not only is it highly unlikely that Frist violated the law, but the specific timing of his selling was more helpful to HCA's stockholders than it was required to be.

4 Comments:

By Blogger Gordon Smith, at Sun Jan 29, 02:59:00 PM:

O/T

Hawk,

I saw that The Poorman likes you enough to link to you. *sniff*

I don't know if he's ever come to my house.

--------------

Back On Topic:

It's hard for those of us who aren't in the investor class to understand the intricacies of knowing when insider knowledge is bad and when it's A.O.K.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Jan 29, 03:57:00 PM:

Dude, you have to get yourself into the investor class. What can I do to help? (It's the only thing I can think of that might move your politics in the "right" direction!)  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Jan 29, 03:59:00 PM:

The Poorman has linked to me once or twice before, I think, generally to heap snark. In this case, I think he followed Malkin's link.  

By Blogger Cardinalpark, at Mon Jan 30, 11:59:00 AM:

SH - if you own your house, you are in the investor class...in a big way...  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?