<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Junk mail blogging: Nordstrom gooses its quarter 

Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) is trying to pump up its fiscal quarter, which ends July 31.

I spent a lot of money there once, and now I get pelted by mail advertising promotions and such. Digging through weeks of junk mail this morning, I opened a letter from Nordstrom informing me of the "Nordstrom Anniversary Sale" during the last two weeks of July. The letter was unusually candid in its last sentence:
Don't be fashionably late, because the sale ends Sunday, July 31 [The last day of the quarter. - ed.] Prices go up on Monday, August 1.

If you don't get to Nordstrom this weekend, your next big shot at "savings" is likely to be -- hmm, let me see -- just before Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?