<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cocks 

A state senator has a plan for saving Oklahoma's gamefowl industry now that cockfighters are legally prohibited from pitting birds fitted with razor-like spurs. State Sen. Frank Shurden, a longtime defender of cockfighting, is suggesting that roosters be given little boxing gloves so they can fight without bloodshed.

Apparently there's some guy in California who has actually applied for a patent on chicken boxing gloves, and is promoting cock boxing as a new sport for parimutuel better. Frank Shurden is sponsoring legislation to get it into Oklahoma. Apparently it would take place at racetracks, between horse races. The sport of kings will make room for the sport of crackers.

I think they need to go all the way and make them wear the little helmets, like in college boxing. Otherwise, next thing you know, the liberals will want to ban roosters that hit above the wishbone.

I was going to title this post "Fowl play," but then I decided that a little, er, tease would pull in readers.

3 Comments:

By Blogger Final Historian, at Fri Jan 28, 02:55:00 AM:

"I was going to title this post "Fowl play," but then I decided that a little, er, tease would pull in readers."

Suit yourself. I think that "Fowl Play" was pretty clever myself.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 28, 03:55:00 AM:

Punk...

- Cass  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sat Jan 29, 07:15:00 AM:

Frankly, I'm embarrassed for him. I thought he had more class.

I also had no idea that he knew so damn much about cockfighting!  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?