<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Blogger vengeance: The Hotel St. Regis, Houston (via email) 

I arrived late last night in Houston, was met by a car hired by an
investment bank, and taken to the St. Regis Hotel, a far "nicer" crash pad
than we usually stay in on company business. I unpacked my stuff, got out
of my suit, and settled down to do some work. Only to discover that the
f*#*ing high-speed Internet access is down. At least in my room. Atrocity
number one. And there wasn't even a premium wireless option -- amazingly,
there is no wireless network in this hotel. Bizarre in a place that charges
almost $300 per night.

This morning I got up at 4:30 on account of the time zone difference, and
hunted around the room for the little coffee-maker that would be in the
corner of the bathroom sink in any lower rent hotel. No such luck. My only
coffee option is a room service delivery for like a billion
dollars. Or I can wait until the dining room opens at 6:30. Even Starbucks
opens earlier than that.

I really do not care that the furniture is nice or that the sheets are
expensive. I really only want two things: functioning high speed Internet
access and a cup of coffee when I wake up in the morning. If you want
either of those things, stay away from the St. Regis Hotel in Houston.

2 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Nov 16, 08:34:00 AM:

Been there dude. That sucks and I truly feel your pain. (You may have to settle for checking voicemail on the bathroom phone.)

- Crusader  

By Blogger Fausta, at Tue Nov 16, 09:09:00 AM:

Bummer!
And don't tell me they don't have a hair dryer, either.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?